Car Accident Injury
Car Accident Injury
We specialize in auto accident and car accident injuries. Using acupuncture and massage therapy we can help treat car accident related injuries to help you recover faster and more completely.
Being in a car accident can be a serious experience. Even minor accidents under 15 MPH can cause whiplash injuries and lead to severe acute and chronic pain. With over 6 million car accidents in the US every year it is important to understand the injuries that can result, how it may impact your everyday life, and what you can do to recover.
Types of Injuries
Almost 90% of car accidents injuries are soft tissue injuries, 32% are disc related injuries, 16% are nerve related injuries, 10% are mild concussions, and 2% are fractures. These injuries can present in several different ways, typically as:
- Acute and chronic pain and discomfort
- Neck, shoulder, and back pain
- Tingly and numbness
- Headaches, dizziness, and vertigo
- Limited mobility and range of motion
- Joint pain and tight muscles
- Difficulty laying down, sitting, standing, or walking
- Emotional trauma and hormone imbalance
- Stress, anxiety, and PTSD
- Mood swings and mental fog
- Difficulty sleeping and insomnia
- Upset stomach and abdominal pain
It is also important to remember that these symptoms may not start immediately after the car accident, sometimes it can take over a week for them to show up. In addition, the severity of the symptoms may range from mild to severe, and can fluctuate following the car accident.
Impact on Daily Life
Because of car accident related injuries, your quality of life may suffer in several different ways:
- Self-care: It may become more difficult to do simple things like taking a shower, getting dressed, and cleaning.
- Livelihood: Mental fog and physical limitations can greatly decrease producivity and focus at your job.
- Relationships: It can be difficult to be emotionally available when you stressed or anxious.
- Care for Others: Taking care of loved ones can greatly suffer if you are physically, mentally, or emotionally limited.
- Enjoyment of Life: Your hobbies and favorite activities may be harder to do.
But there are ways to restore your quality of life and help you recover from car accident related injuries so they do not impact your daily life. Acupuncture can help treat car accident related injuries.
How Acupuncture Helps
Acupuncture can help treat car accident related injuries in three primary ways.
One, acupuncture promotes the release of endorphins, the body’s natural pain-relieving hormone. By doing this acupuncture can alleviate acute and chronic pain, and also lower inflammation.
Two, acupuncture can also relax tight muscles and improve circulation to the affected areas which can improve mobility and further promote healing and a faster and more complete recovery.
And three, acupuncture helps regulate the body’s hormones such as reducing stress hormones to help control stress and anxiety after an accident. Hormones also play a critical role in other bodily functions such as digestion and sleep which can also be balanced by acupuncture.
Together, acupuncture can help alleviate acute and chronic pain and discomfort, increase mobility and range of motion, and reduce emotional trauma and hormone imbalances.
If you have recently been in an accident or suffer from chronic conditions related to a car accident, please give us a call. We have helped many people with car accident related injuries through the use of acupuncture, massage therapy, and natural medicine with great success.