Green Onion and Ginger Tea
Green onion and ginger tea is a great tool to use when you feel like you are about to come down with a cold or flu. Drink this at the first sign of a cold or flu, make sure to get enough sleep, stay warm, and you may be able to fight it off.
- 2 pieces of fresh ginger (about the size of a quarter each)
- 3 large stalks of green onion, or 5 small stalks
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 3 cups of water
- Wash and peel the ginger, and crush it. An easy way to do it using the flat of a large blade.
- Wash and trim the green onion, keeping the white part and roots only and discarding the rest.
- Put the ginger, green onion, and water into a medium sized pot and bring to a boil, bring down to a simmer.
- After 10 minutes turn off the heat, add the brown sugar, and stir until it is dissolved.
Drink this tea warm before bed as needed while you are feeling sick.